Place Your Life Before God
So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you:
- Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.
- Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out.
- Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Be transformed by the renewing of your spirit!
Defeating your Emotions:
1. Focus on the Facts, not on your Feelings
- not a fact: just because you feel like a failure, doesn’t make you a failure. Don’t focus on how you feel, focus on reality.
- TRAP: Emotional Reasoning- I feel it, so it must be true.
- get in touch with the TRUTH: (John 8:32)
2. Don’t compare yourself with others
- be honest with yourself and do not nag yourself or be self-critical
- you were NOT made to be like someone else
3. Don’t take false blame
- don’t blame yourself for negative events that aren’t your fault
- you can’t assume responsibility for others responses to your help or efforts. Don’t let their decisions burden you, they make their own choices…YOU ARE NOT TO BLAME!
4. Don’t exaggerate the negative
- review the situation/circumstances and problem before making quick responses
- don’t make the negative situation or problem bigger then it really is
- don’t label yourself:
- I made a mistake…I’m a total failure
- I accidentally tripped…I’m a klutz
- I ate too much…I’m a pig
- these simple responses only reinforce the problem…making a mtn out of a mole-hill.
Applying God’s Remedy:
1. Take Care of your physical needs
- eat properly
- get sleep
- GET RESTORED WITH GOD’S TRUTH
2. Give your frustrations to God
- let it all out!
- complain and vent to God….especially before anyone else
- fear, resentment, guilt, anger, loneliness, worry all equal depression which means you are relying on your feelings
- talk to God, Godly counsel…your friends
3. Get a fresh awareness of God’s presence in your life
- find a quiet place and be alone with your bible and God.
- be still and let God speak to you (through song, scripture, devotional book, etc…) and soak it up!
4. Gain a new direction for your life from God
- quit sitting around in self-pity
- get your eyes off yourself and start looking at the needs of others
- get involved with a ministry where you are giving and God is giving through you
- most the time, you need to lose your life to find it (Matt 16:2)
- remember: you can NEVER disappoint God
- let God give you a new perspective, a new purpose, and new direction
- don’t go through life letting your emotions manipulate you
- God can change you…if YOU let HIM!
Jesus said, “you will know the truth and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32).
This information was originated from Rick Warren’s book, “God’s Answers to Life’s Difficult Questions.” I have read his work and written my interpretation. The book is chalked full of amazing ideas and simple remedies that have been in the bible since the days of Noah.
I hope you are blessed by my post and are able to find joy and peace through applying any and all of it.
From My Heart To Yours,